A.K.A Château Rouge, Hotel Torrance, Chateau Titantia, Château Bambi, Red Castle, Hotel Rogue, and Castle Bambi...
The original castle on this site was built around 1100 and was owned by a religious community. There were living 12 clerics in this castle.
In 1760 one of the abbots spend more time in this castle than at the monastery. He rebuilds the castle, spending more money than the monastery could afford. In 1768 the Prince-Bishop cancelled the authority of this abbot. With a pension of 1500 florins he could stay at the castle.
Just before the French revolution in 1768, the castle is sold to the Abbey Saint Laurent. The next years several families bought the castle, but over the years the buildings fell more and more into decay.
In 1885 the castle is demolished and a new castle is built at the same site. Some old walls and two of the original fireplaces are saved and used in the newly built castle. In 1891 the Flemish renaissance styled castle is ready.
In 1955 the castle is sold to a union that uses it as a holiday camp. The last few years it was used as a hotel and conference centre.
Abandoned since 2006.