@ Chateau Hogemeyer - Belgium.
The history of this site goes back to 1323 when on these grounds the ‘Hof van Landeloos’ was built. It was the home of a wealthy family. In 1750 a manor was built on the same site and in 1860 this manor was rebuild and extended as a castle by baron Emile Joseph de Turck de Kersbeek.
The chapel is one of the last additions to the castle. Together with the stables and the inner yard. A recent too expensive renovation was stopped. Since then the castle was looted and vandalized. With no protection for the influences of the weather it is partly in a very bad state. In 2001 the castle and the surrounding garden and trees are protected.
top of page
bottom of page