Captured @ Heron Mill
Built in built in 1847 this woollen Mill was one of five woollen mills in the area.
The wheel provided power for the factory and was the first provider of electricity to the houses of Tal-y-Bont which was the first rural village in Cardiganshire/Ceredigion to have any form of electricity.
The factory produced cloth and flannel mainly for shirts for farmers and coal miners throughout mid and south Wales but production and profits suffered during the war.
top of page
bottom of page