top of page
Piscine S, "dramatic" or "Mosque" ... so many pseudonyms to designate this establishment of industrial architecture built in 1937 and which housed within it a swimming pool, a theatre, a casino, a shop and a corner restaurant. Located in a lively urban area, the pool was originally intended for the staff of a large industrial society in the region, and subsequently for all, welcoming many schoolchildren and sports clubs of the region before its closing in 1998.
Unable to raise funds to maintain the building, the pool was closed, followed in 2004 by the theater on the first floor. Recovered in 2005 by a Muslim community, a conversion of the site into a mosque was envisaged but, as time passes along with degradations and the accumulation of waste accumulating, it would seem that the future of this pool is increasingly uncertain ...
Taken from urbexvision.wordpress.com
bottom of page