Built in 1847.
Heron Mill, Ceredigion - Ceulan Mill was built in 1847 by the Morris family and produced flannel and cloth which was sent to markets across Wales and Great Britain.
The mill was also a significant local employer and later became the first supplier of power to the local village, which was the first in in the county to have electricity. The parish council paid £10.00 per annum for street lighting and houses were charged 5 shillings for one 60W lamp which then cost a further seven shillings and sixpence for 3 months electricity supply.Mr Morris turned off the power at 10.30pm each night believing that that was quite late enough for anyone to be awake. During the Second World War demand for flannel products fell and despite diversification into new products and the opening of a shop on the first floor, the mill went into decline, finally closing in 1962.
Unfortunately, attempts to donate the property to the National Trust for preservation were unsuccessful as the owner was unable to provide a share of the funding and the mill was abandoned.